April 1, 2009

Reflections

This is my first time to open a blog account and use it regularly, and I must say, the experience was strange at first, because there was this sense of 'I'm feel like I'm talking to myself but the whole world can hear me' sorta thing. But still, this has been an invaluable experience as I research and explore a new means of communication in this digital, IT rich age.

I enjoyed designing the blog and in the process, look high and low (literally) on the blog page for functions that will do what I have in mind. For the first time, I learnt to insert and remove breaks using the 'Edit Html' function, add a hyperlink, and customise the positions of the boxes of information.

Writing the blog, I was also aware of the importance of visual attraction hence the pictures. I enjoyed surfing the net for suitable pictures and seeing how my blog grew over the weeks, from a blank white page to something that resembles a blog. Even my brother exclaimed in surprise 'You are blogging? That looks like a blog!' since I had expressed a non-interest in opening a blog account.

This blog turned out to be more of a personal journey of experiences I encountered in communication, design and blogs related rather than a discussion. All in all, I am pleased with this blog and I hope you will find this site informative, interesting and insightful.

Image source:
http://goflorida.about.com/library/graphics/sunset3.jpg