March 29, 2009

Why it looks the way it looks....

When I started on this blog, I decided that the design of the layout is very important, as a clean, attractive and even simple looking blog is easy on the eyes for my readers.

My target audience are communication and media students/professionals who are in the range of the age group 18 to 40s.

I had used a golden colour theme in my recent works, and decided to use the same theme for this blog. This colour theme in my opinion, is like the sun... you get attracted to the warm rays of this beautiful colour. With a golden background set in place, I turned my attention to the headings and fonts and other elements, changing them to browns, reds and shades of gold.

Next is the content layout. I wanted a clear, precise and simple layout where it is easy for my readers to navigate to find certain information. I kept only the essential information on the page. The main part of it is the blog, and on the right are 2 sections where one shows a dated blog archive and the other shows links to topics I talked about.

Relevant pictures are inserted to make the layout more interesting, attractive and not so wordy, so as to make the reading more pleasant.

In summary, this blog had been carefully planned to attract readers' attention to the simple, clean and organized layout so as to get my point across more proficiently and convincingly.